It’s my birthday!!! Yay 🙂
I am so blessed to see another year. This is truly a wonderful birthday.
This very day last year wasn’t so wonderful. I’ve never been excited about my birthday. Well, I shouldn’t say never; but not in a long time. To me it’s always just been another day. Plus, for the past 7 years my birthday has always been shadowed by final exams…ughh! Last year, was bad. I cried pretty much all day. I was in a bad, depressive state. At that time, my birthday meant another year had passed by and I still didn’t know what I was doing with my life. Where I thought I would be at 23 was no where in sight. I felt empty, worthless, and undeserving of living.
But TODAY!! [insert organ riff]…lol but really. Today really feels great. It’s funny because this whole week my little brother was like “Tosin, are you excited for Thursday”? And I’d tell him I didn’t know what Thursday was. “Oh wow, that’s sad you don’t even remember your own birthday!”, he’d say lol. But I just was never excited for my birthday because it’s always just been a day to remind me that I’m getting older. But this year is definitely different. I am excited!!!!!!!!!!! I’m blessed. Why am I blessed?
1. I’m finishing up my masters at Columbia. I just received my first student teaching placement so I’m excited to finally get into the classroom!!
2. My blog is doing very well. I thank all of you who have been visiting and showing me love. I know that this is only the beginning of what God is going to do with this. My dreams are slowly becoming reality.
3. I’m working on some stuff musically that I thought I’d always be too afraid to venture into.
4. I’m gaining focus in life. That, in part, is because I have/am still letting go of fear. Fear no longer controls my life!!
5. I am saved, sanctified, and filled with the Holy Ghost!! Okay, so that was a little churchy lol. But I know and love God…and He knows and loves me 🙂
6. I have great friends and family that are supporting me throughout every step of the way.
7. I’M BLESSED AND HIGHLY FAVORED!!!
(Hmmm, clearly I’m growing out of my OCD/perfectionist ways because I hate odd numbered lists and was tempted to find a #8..but I’m kind of okay with leaving that as an odd list. But then again 7 is the number of completion..haha)
God has been showing me a glimpse of the favor He’s getting ready to pour out on me and I’m so excited!! People have told me that 2012 was going to be my year. But they said that in 2011, 2010, 2009…haha; but this is the first year I actually believe it. It’s my season and I’m praying that as I begin this new year every step is the Will of God!
Continue to pray for me as I pray for you! And please continue to support TosinMojiSpeaks!